34-EXP-PCI4 Product Description
Express Card to PCIx4 Expansion Box for Laptop Computers
The smallest expansion box for PCI applications!
The 34-EXP-PCI4 34mm Express Card to Quad PCI Slots Expansion Box is specially designed to expand 4 extra PCI slots from an Express Card Slot. It includes a 34mm Express Card with extension cable, and the slot box itself. The box is powered by a 12VDC AC adapter. It provides instant PCI bus expansion via the an Express Card from Notebook PC.
Express Card (and PCI Express) provides a high-speed, serial I/O bus that maintains backward compatibility with PCI applications and drivers. The 34mm Express Card’s expansion architecture defines a high-performance, point-to-point, scalable, serial bus at speed of 250Mbytes/sec to 4GBytes/sec (and 8Gbytes/sec in the future). The PCI slots of the enclosure are fully Plug-and-Play compatible and no IRQ or I/O address conflict problems. It quickly adapts to new PCI Express technologies for legacy PCI add-in cards and allows you to add PCI connectivity as needed.
Features and Specifications
- Full x1 Express Card Throughput, 250Mbytes/sec
- ully Compliant with PCI Express Base Specifications, Revision 1.0a
- PCI Express Advanced Error Reporting Capability Including ECRC Support
- Expands 4 PCI 32-bit 33MHZ Slots over PCI Express Slot
- PCI Slots are fully Compliant PCI Bus Rev. 2.3
- Supports both 5V and 3.3V Add-in Cards
- 12VDC AC Power Adapter is Provided and Required at all times for BOX to Operate.
- Metal Case for Critical Applications
- Extended Virtual Channel (VC) Support Includes a Second VC for Quality-of-Service and Isochronous Applications
- Active State Link Power Management Support
- Dimensions: 8.0″(L) x 5.375″(W) x 5.625″(H)
- PCI x4 Metal Expansion Box unit
- 34mm Express Card with attached cable
- 12VDC AC power adapter
- Driver CD
- Paper install guide
- Corner brackets