Also available from the following online retailers:
The USB-16COMi-RM is an industrial 16 Port USB to RS-232 Serial Adapter that also utilizes RS422, RS485 communication signals for various serial device connections. Constructed within an industrial-grade metal chassis for harsh environments and circuit protection.
The system USB bus is utilized in the operation of the 16 Port USB to RS-232 422/485 Serial adapter while using Plug-and-Play features for installation purposes. The USB-16COMi-RM serial adapter is automatically recognized as additional COM ports with no system IRQ, COM conflicts or configuration necessary. The adapter’s circuitry contains a built-in switching power supply of 100V/240V (input) for operation.
Mounting to a 19 inch communication rack is accomplished with the included rack mount kit and DIN-Rail brackets for industrial serial applications. The Industrial 16 Port USB to RS-232 Serial Adapter provides connectivity to such serial devices as modems, ISND, TA’s, POS, serial printers, and more. Signal mode settings are controlled from 16 DIP switches located to the back of the adapter as shown below. This USB to Serial Adapter is Ideal for remote access, retail and industrial applications.
- Adds sixteen RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 serial ports by connecting to a USB port
- External DIP switches for easy RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 mode settings
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- SECC metal chassis with both DIN rail brackets and rack-mounting kits for flexible mounting
- Full RS-232 modem control signals and hardware/software flow control
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- RS-422 data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
- RS-485 4-wire data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-
- RS-485 2-wire data signals: Data-, Data+
- Automatic transmit and receive control for 2-wire RS-485 half-duplex mode
- Built-in termination and biasing
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- Non-standard baudrates supported
- LEDs of Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 10KV
- Built-in switching power supply of 100V~240V
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- Standard 19-inch, 1U rack mount chassis
- Dimensions: 16.94in(L) x 5.82in(W) x 1.73in(H)
- Hub Weight: 3.95 lbs.
- Operating Temperature 0 to 55 °C (32 to 131 °F)
- Operating Humidity 5 to 95% RH
- Storage Temperature -20 to 75 °C (-4 to 167 °F)
- OS Support:
- Windows 98, Me, XP, 2000, 2003, CE, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- Linux and Mac OS 10.X
- W: 429mm L: 147mm H: 44mm
- W: 451mm L: 152mm H:44mm with DB9 connector and ears.