RS232 PCIe expansion module through PCI DB44
This RS232 PCIe module is a uniquely designed serial expansion box that expands to RS232, RS422, and RS485 serial signals from a PCI card (with optional low profile bracket) and a 3ft. DB44 cable connection.
The RS232 PCIe combo module supports 8 serial ports which can be set in any combinations of RS232, RS422, RS485-2W, or RS485-4W modes. The 8 serial connections include eight DB9 ports or 8 terminal block connections for RS422/485 function. Its 256-byte-FIFO UART based serial ports are fully 16C550 UART compatible with most of the RS232C, RS422 and RS485 devices available from the market.
The RS232 PCIe module box can be wall or Din rail mounted with the included brackets, the module’s serial function for all 8 ports can be DIP switch controlled, DIP switches are located on the bottom plate of the module.
RS232 PCIe module combo features
- Supports PCI or PCIe with Corresponding PCI and PCIe Host Adapters
- Supports RS232 over Standard DB9 male Connectors
- Supports 8 RS232/422/485 Combo Serial Ports
- 256-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receivers
- Supports RS422/485 over 7-pin Terminal Blocks
- Supports 4-wire RS422/485 and 2-wire RS485 Modes
- Supports RS485 Auto Transceiver Turn Around by Unique Featured ATTATM Hardware
- Powered by the DB44 Host cable, no AC Power Adapter Required
- Supports Low Profile Form Factor with Optional Low Profile Bracket
- Supports Baud Rate up to 921.6Kpbs
- Supports Win2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, Win 7, 8 and Linux
- Box dimensions: 11.625(L) x 7.500(W) x 2.750(H)
- Module box dimensions: 8.812(L) x 3.375(W) x .982(H)
- DB44 cable length: 3ft.
In the box
- RS232 to PCIe expansion module box
- optional low profile PCI bracket
- 3ft. DB44 Male to Female cable
- Mounting brackets and screws for Wall or Din rail mounting
- PCI card with DB44 connection port
- User manual and Disc