SA-8PXTB Product Description
SA-8PXTB Industrial Rugged 8-port Terminal Block RS-232 USB 2.0 to Serial Converter is an Industrial Grade USB serial adapter designed to quickly add 8 high-speed RS-232 serial ports to desktop or notebook computers. The SA-8PXTB is compatible with new and legacy RS232/422/485 devices enabling your network to grow without sacrifice.
This industrial grade USB to serial adapter supports serial port data transfer rates of up to 921.6 Kb/s, Full Speed (12Mbits/Second) and USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbits/Second) and is backward compatible USB versions 1.0/1.1. Providing scalability, the USB 2.0 to Serial Converter can quickly adapt to new USB technologies, it also allows for multiple modules that can be added to a single USB interface for RS232/422/485 connectivity as needed.
The SA-8PXTB 8-port RS232/422/485 to USB 2.0 Module Box is designed for your PC, workstation, thin client, or server to provide instant RS232/422/485 Serial port expansion via the Universal Serial Bus (USB) and supports applications needing combinations of RS232, RS422 and RS485 in one single USB port. It supports screw lock features for the upstream (USB type B) port connector from the Host to prevent accidental disconnection.
Using the Plug-and-Play features and drivers, simply follow the instructions of Install Wizard until the install is complete. The terminal blocks enable you easily install your wires for different devices and their direct connections. The SA-8PXTB is an ideal solution for your expanding applications and making a big success in your projects.
- Supports 8 RS232/422/485 Combo Serial Ports
- RS232 Supports 3-wire Signals (TXD, RXD, GND)
- Supports 4-wire RS422/485 and 2-wire RS485 Modes
- Supports RS485 Auto Transceiver Turn Around by unique featured ATTATM Hardware
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receivers
- Each Serial Port Supports 7-pin Lock-type Terminal Blocks
- Supports Screw Lock Mechanism for USB type “B” upstream connector
- Supports one Downstream USB 2.0 Port for Daisy-chain Expansion Modules
- Supports Baud Rate up to 921.6Kpbs
USB 2.0 Port
- USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbits/Second) and Full Speed (12Mbits/Second) compatible, backward compatible with USB 1.0 and USB 1.1, the USB 2.0 type “B” connector equips a Screw Lock Mechanism.
Serial Ports – Provides 8 7-pin terminal block connector RS232/422/485 ports, the key benefits are:
- Connectors: 8 7-pin lock type Terminal Block Connectors
- LEDs: Supports LED Indicators for TXD and RXD Signal Activity
- Interface: 4 modes: 3-wire RS232, 4-wire RS422 (TXD+/-, RxD+/-). 4-wire RS485 (TxD+/-, RxD+/-). 2-wire RS485 (Data+/-)
- Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 5,67,8,9 bits Data Frames
- Speed: up to 921.6Kbps
- Terminator: 120 OHM, can be Enabled/Disabled by DIP Switches
- ATTATM: Auto RS485 Transmitter buffer direction control by the ATTATM Hardware. Guarantee Fast Turn Around the Transceiver.
- Power: The Module Box should be powered by its 2-pin Terminal Block Connector
- 8 7-pin Terminal Block Connectors
- 1 Up Stream and 1 Down Stream USB2.0 Ports
- 1 2-pin Terminal Block Power Input Connector
- Win2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, and Linux
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 55°C (32 to 131?F), 10% to 90% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167?F), 5% to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)
Form Factor (without ears and connectors):
- 9.68” (L)x 3.37”(W)x0.91”(H) (24.60cm x 8.57×2.32cm)