URJ4856FT Product Description
1.8 meter USB to Serial RJ45 Console Cable (DTE)
The URJ4856FT USB to Serial RJ45 console cable has an embedded FTDI FT232R and incorporates a ZT213 RS232 level shifter to realize true RS232 levels. It is terminated with a RJ45 connection for direct connection to Cisco and other network equipment serial console ports (DTE).
DTE = Data Terminal Equipment
The USB to serial RJ45 console cable is designed for the modern PCs, Laptops which no longer have serial ports.
This USB to Serial RJ45 Console Cable combines USB-A to RS232 Adapter and a DB9 to RJ45 cable making a more organized interface. It’s a great space saving alternative for network engineers, students or technicians use on most console ports.
The cable provides 1.8 meters to the USB to Serial and the console cable connection length. This length can also be extended using a USB extension cable up to a maximum of 5 meters or even further if using a USB repeater/extending device.
USB to Serial RJ45 Console Cable supported OS
- Windows XP
- Windows 8.1 (32 & 64 Bit editions)
- Windows Server 2003~2012 (32 & 64 Bit editions)
- Linux (32 & 64 Bit editions)
- MAC OS 8/9 and OSX inc 10.9 (Mavericks) (32 & 64 Bit editions)
Console Cable Features
- Supports RS-232 protocols
- Installs drivers automatically (Windows 7/8.1)
- Compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1, Supports Data Transfer of up to 500Kbps.
- Compatible with Most Cisco Console Ports, Juniper Network Console Ports and other Data Terminal Networking Console Ports.
Pinouts for the RJ45 (8 Pin) connector are: