The SG-PCIE8SRS422485MOD 8 port PCI Express Module Box is designed to accommodate various RS232 /422 /485 digital signaling for your PC, workstation, thin client, or server. The 8 Port PCI Express Card provides instant RS232, RS422, and RS485 serial port expansion via the PCI Express bus to the external module. It supports serial applications that need some combinations of RS232, RS422, and RS485 connections in one single PCIe slot.
This PCI Express RS232/RS422/RS485 Module provides a highly scalable serial interface with high-speed data transmission to your equipment’s serial I/O bus. Backward compatibility with PCI applications and drivers is a key feature when using various digital signal connections. Its architecture defines a high-performance, point-to-point, serial bus at speed of 250Mbytes/sec to 4GBytes/sec.
The SG-PCIE8SRS422485MOD is compatible with new and legacy RS232, RS422, RS485 devices demanding high-speed transmission; this includes future speeds of up to 8Gbytes/sec.
It is easy to install and use with its plug-and-play feature, simply follow the instructions of Install Wizard, it’s that simple. The SG-PCIE8SRS422485MOD provides the versatility needed to quickly adapt to new serial technologies.
Coolgear’s complete product line of PCI Express Cards offer many choices to help expand your serial applications and allow your network to grow with your requirements. The terminal blocks enable you to easily install your wires for different devices in a straight forward process making an ideal solution for your serial projects.
Additional Features & Specifications:
- Fully Compliant with x1 PCI Express Base Specifications 1.1
Provides 8 7-pin terminal block connector RS232/422/485 ports, the key benefits are:
- Connectors: 8 7-pin lock type Terminal Block Connectors
- LEDs: Supports LED Indicators for TXD and RXD Signal Activity
- Interface: 4 modes: 3-wire RS232, 4-wire RS422 (TXD+/-, RxD+/-). 4-wire RS485 (TxD+/-, RxD+/-). 2-wire RS485 (Data+/-)
- Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 5,67,8,9 bits Data Frames
- Speed: up to 921.6Kbps
- Terminator: 120 OHM, can be Enabled/Disabled by DIP switches
- ATTATM: Auto RS485 Transmitter buffer direction control by the ATTATM Hardware. Guarantee Fast Turn Around the Transceiver.
- Power: The Module Box can be powered by Cable or its 2-pin Terminal Block Connector
- 8 7-pin Terminal Block Connectors
- 1 DVI-like PCI Express Connector
- 1 2-pin Power Input Connector
- Windows 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, Win 7 and Linux
Operating Temperature: 0 to 55°C (32 to 131°F), 10% to 90% relative humidity (non-condensing)
Storage Temperature: -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F), 5% to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)
Form Factor (without ears and connectors)
- 9.68” (L)x 3.37”(W)x0.91”(H) (24.60cm x 8.57×2.32cm)
- 8 Port PCI Express RS232/422/485 Module
- 1x DVI like cable with screw locking
- 1x PCI Express card
- 1x low profile PCI bracket
- Driver Disc
- Paper installation manual