–NO STOCK NOTICE–
As of June 2017 this product is no longer available. There is no alternative or replacement.
This product has reached EOL as of August 2016.
Having trouble with Windows 10 1903? Check this Microsoft support thread for troubleshooting steps:
This device It will allow a high speed connection between two IrDA compatible devices, which may include your laptop or a desktop computer (Does not currently work in Windows operating systems). Even handheld devices, mp3 players, cameras and mobile devices can be used. Using the IRJOY Wireless Adapter will enable the use of the USB 2.0 Infrared on any PC, since it utilizes a Plug-n-Play program. The USB 2.0 Infrared adapter even offers a very simple point-and-shoot mechanism that will be very appealing to users out there. This small adapter will change any USB port in to a fully functional infrared port. This can enable a device to offer basic printing, scanning and internet connections quickly and easily.
There are a few advantages that the Fast IrDA (FIR) system provides. It can offer a minimal amount of energy usage, which will keep owners happy. It also features backwards compatibility with both MIR and SIR infrared devices. It even offers data transfer speeds up to 4 Mbps. The FIR- IrDA system offers a strong connection between the infrared device and a computer.
Technical specs & other features:
- Support For Any Standard PC USB Port
- Plug-and-Play function makes device easy to use
- Can be adjusted for different angles, directions and heights Cable makes it easy to use with notebooks
- Power saving modes (Including On, Stand-by and Suspend) Compliant with USB versions v1.1 and v2.0
- Compliant with IrDA versions v1.0 and 1.1
- This device is fully FCC approved
- Does not currently work in computers running Windows 10
Operating Systems Supported:
- Windows 98/Me
- Windows XP, 2000, 2003, CE
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Linux and Mac OS 10.X
Windows 10 Note: Windows 10 users can now use this IR adapter by following the information outlined in this article “Windows 10 Infrared (IrDA) support without Insider Builds”
The package contains (see picture above):
– An USB 2.0 Infrared Adapter
– Driver disc and manual
– 3 foot long USB extension cable