The CG-16PU3MGD is a managed USB 3.2 Gen 1 (or commonly called USB3.0) hub which is designed to provide rich unique features for industrial applications. It provides an instant expansion of 16 USB 3.2 Gen 1 downstream facing ports and keeps the excellent reliability and compatibility with all USB 3.2, USB 2.0 and 1.1 existing devices.
The hub equips 2 switchable (by the switch on the front panel) upstream ports to support 2 different host computers. It provides a convenient solution to switch the USB devices between the PC instantly.
The hub complies with the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Specifications Revision 3.2 Gen 1 and work up to 5Gbps. It accepts wide range input power from 7~24 V DC. Its downstream facing ports support USB Battery Charging Specification v1.2 (SDP, CDP, DCP) as well as some Vendor Specific Charging Modes e.g. Apple 2.4A , Samsung.
The CG-16PU3MGD is supplied with managing software utilities which can turn on/off the bus power of each downstream device or even reset the entire hub. It also can save the designated state to its flash memory and read it back as the initial state of its next power up cycle. Different utilities were supported for different operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS, intel x86-64 and ARM based Linux.
Since USB is the most popular and scalable expansion bus for modern computers and the integrated software and hardware support allow for great control over the ports, the CG-16PU3MGD provides an ideal solution to add, use, and protect your USB devices.
The CG-16PU3MGD software package contains several managing software utilities which support different platforms allowing better control over each individual ports’ status. A GUI (Graphical User Interface) and console command prompt utilities for all major Microsoft Windows. It also includes utilities for different Linux versions. The utilities were written to easily operate with the applications software written with different language such as C#, C++, VB, Python or even a PHP server scripting language.
Image: Port managing software displaying the On/Off status of each port.
Operable with USB3.2 Gen 1, 2, and USB2.0 host
- Compliance: USB 3.2 Gen 1/2.0 compliant
- Upstream: 2 USB ports, Switchable, Type B connectors, Screw-lock type
- Downstream: 16 USB ports, Type A connectors, Screw-lock type
- LED Indicators: 16 LEDs for each downstream port to indicate the current bus power states
- Speed: 5Gbps (Super-speed), 480Mbps (High speed), 12Mbps (Full-speed) and 1.5Mbps (Low-speed)
- Supply Current: 2.4A max. per channel
Managing Software Utilities
- USBCTL: Windows GUI
- CUSBC: Windows console command control utility
- CUSBM_GUI: Mac OS GUI
- CUSBM: Mac OS Terminal Script Utility
- cusbi: intel x86-64 based Linux control utility
- cusba: ARM based Linux controller utility
- Housing: SECC (galvanized steel)
- Weight: (product only) 1,100g (2.43 lb)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 30.85×13.02×4.42 mm (12.15×5.12×1.74 in)
- DIN Rail Clips: For DIN Rail Mounting Option
- Rack Mounting Brackets: For 19-inch Rack Mounting Option
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F)
- Storage Temperature: Standard Models: -20 to 75°C (-4 to 167°F)
- Ambient Relative Humidity: 5 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Altitude: Up to 2000 m
- Input Voltage: 7 to 24 VDC external power
- Power Consumption: 35mA @ 20 VDC, 30mA @ 24 VDC
- 16 Port Managed USB 3.2 Gen 1 Hub
- USB-A to USB-B Cable
- 2-Pin Terminal Block
- Rack Mount Flanges
- DIN Rail Clips
- Screw Pack
*Surface Mounting screws not included.