Coolgear’s PCI to PCIe host adapter over cable gives the user the unique capability of expanding outside the traditional system to an external source for PCIe functionality. The PCI 32-bit card connects from the host adapter itself to an external expansion box and is compliant with specification revision R3.0 capable of 8 gigatransfers per second.
The PCI card is also compliant with PCI Express base specification revision 1.0a having a single lane conversion data rate of 250Mbps and a transfer rate of 2.5 gigatransfers per second (GT/s). It is installed into a PCI slot without the need for a driver in all major operating systems.
PCI card Features
- Supports PCI-32bit to PCI-Express 1 lane conversion
- Compliant to PCI local bus specification, R3.0
- Compliant to PCI Express Base specification, R1.0a
- Supports PCI protocol at 32-bit/66MHz
- Supports a DVI like external PCIe connector
- Supports PCIe expansion over an external cable
- Low profile version is available with short bracket
- Supports all major operating systems, no driver required
- 32-bit PCI card
- 3ft. DVI like connection cable
- Low profile bracket