The SG-PCIE4S422485OCTIS RS422 /485 is a 4 Port PCI Express card that is designed to keep your serial applications electrically safe from damage whether it’s ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) or Transient Voltage. The 4 Port PCI Express Card can support applications in a workstation, thin client, or server. Connection to the Coolgear PCI Express Card provides instant RS422 /485 Serial port expansions via the PCI Express bus.
Also available from the following online retailers:
The SG-PCIE4S422485OCTIS PCI Express adds optical isolation and surge suppression features to its form factor that provides protection to serial devices while in use. As a powerful PCI Express adapter card, it is a scalable, high-speed, serial I/O bus that maintains backward compatibility with PCI applications and drivers. With speeds of 250Mbytes/sec to 4GBytes/sec its architecture commands a high-performance, point-to-point, serial bus that has a future of up to 8Gbytes/sec applications.
Having no issues with compatibility when using new and legacy RS422 /485 devices the SG-PCIE4S422485OCTIS PCI Express is very easy to install and use in your system. Using its strong plug-and-play feature, the PCI Express card provides scalability to quickly adapt to new serial technologies. It provides fast operation without having to worry about I/O address, IRQ jumpers and DMA configuration.
When connecting your devices to the PCI Express ports the computer system will recognize the device and install the drivers automatically hassle free. The SG-PCIE4S422485OCTIS PCI Express Card is an ideal solution for your expanding applications.
- Full x1 PCI Express Throughput, 250Mbytes/sec
- Fully Compliant with PCI Express Base Specifications, Revision 1.1
- Supports RS485 Auto Transceiver Turn Around by Unique Featured ATTATM Hardware
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receivers
- Supports 2,500Vrms Isolation and Surge Protection
- Supports 4 DB9-male Connectors over an Octopus Cable
- Supports Low Profile Form Factor with Optional Low Profile Bracket
- Support 4-wire RS422/485 and 2-wire RS485 Modes
- Supports RS422/485 Speed up to 921.6Kpbs
- Optional Model: Isolated and 15KV ESD Surge Protection
Additional Features & Specifications:
Four DB9-male RS422/485 Connectors with an Octopus Cable, the key benefits are:
- Connector: Four DB9 Male Connectors over a DB44 Octopus Cable
- Interface: 3 modes are selectable: 4-wire RS422 (TXD+/-, RxD+/-). 4-wire RS485 (TxD+/-, RxD+/-). 2-wire RS485 (Data+/-)
- Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 5,67,8,9 bits Data Frames
- Speed: up to 921.6Kbps
- Isolation and Surge Protection: Supports 2,500Vrms Isolation and Surge Protection
- Terminator: 120 OHM, can be Enabled/Disabled by a Jumper
- ATTATM: Auto RS485 Transmitter buffer direction control by the ATTATM Hardware. Guarantee Fast Turn Around the Transceiver.
- Four DB9-male Connectors over a DB44 Octopus Cable
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, 2008, 2003, Win2000, XP, and Linux
Operating Temperature: 0 to 55°C (32 to 131°F), 10% to 90% relative humidity (non-condensing)
Storage Temperature: -40 to 75°C (-40 to 167°F), 5% to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- 7.56” x 2.63” (19.20cm x 6.68cm)