Small Metal USB to CAN Bus Adapter
The small USB to CAN Bus adapter supports USB 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 specifications protocols. It operates with CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B standards supported by the ARM Cortex-M0 32-bit micro-controller chipset. This is a compact device, meant to be used on a desktop or table surface.
The Galvanic Isolation serves to block any stray currents as the USB to CAN Bus adapter is being used. The adapter includes +/- 16kV ESD protection for all signals and 2500V galvanic isolation on CAN bus. SECC metal is used for the adapter’s compact chassis with a 61mm × 50mm × 23mm (L × W × H) size.
1-Port USB to CAN Bus Adapter Features
- Adds a CAN bus port on your computer by connecting to a USB 1.1, 2.0 or 3.0 port.
- 2500V galvanic isolation.
- Powered by USB port, no external power adapter required.
- LEDs indicate initialization and CAN bus status.
- Installs as a standard Windows COM port.
- Supported CAN modes: Standard, Listen, Echo.
- Can be controlled over serial port using ASCII commands.
- Easy to use API provided along with sample source codes and GUI sample programs.
- Easy plug and play installation and CAN bus device connection.
- CAN bus speed up to 1Mbps.
- 512 bytes transmit/receive FIFO buffer for high speed data throughput.
- Supports CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B protocols.
- Designed by ARM Cortex-M0 32-bit micro-controller and the USB to UART chip.
- Drivers provided for Windows and Linux OS.
- Item Dimensions: 61mm × 50mm × 23mm (L × W × H)
- Item Weight: .219lbs.
CAN Bus Adapter Specification:
- CAN Bus: CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B supported
- CAN Bus Speed: 5kbps to 1Mbps for transmit & receive
- Plug and Play
- CAN Bus Controller: BosCH C_CAN module
- Ports: 1
- Connector: DB9 Male
- Signals: CAN_H, CAN_L, CAN_GND, CAN_V+
- LED: CAN bus data activity, CAN bus error
- Protection: +/- 16kV ESD protection for all signals, 2500V galvanic isolation on CAN bus
- Power Input: Power supplied via USB (5V) connector No external power needed
- Power Consumption: Max. 250mA@5V DC
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 75°C (-4°F to 167°F)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 95% RH
- Safety Approvals: CE, FCC
- USB to CAN Bus Adapter
- USB A to B Cable
- Driver Disc