This industrial isolated RS-422 485 USB to Optical Serial Adapter uses a host USB port at your PC or Laptop and is detected automatically in your system as a standard COM port with no conflicts. The USB-COMi-SI-M is USB port powered; no external power adapter is needed.
The USB to Optical Adapter is designed with an external 4-pin dip switch to set RS-422 or RS-485 mode conveniently, without the need to open the metal chassis. The adapter also provides a unique feature of supplying power output of 5V/150mA through pin-5 of the terminal block to serial device. The adapter is with DIN rail bracket for industrial environment.
Optical isolation and surge protection are available with the USB-COMi-SI-M. The serial line of RS-422/485 port is optically isolated with 2000 volt DC optical isolation.
The optical isolation protects your PC from spikes and surges on the RS-422/485 network, by converting the electrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back into an electrical pulse.
The surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link. The adapter is built-in surge protector to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD.
The USB-to-RS-422/485 Adapter provides instant connectivity to RS-422, RS-485 communication devices for POS, factory automation equipment, multi-drop M optical adapter is built for harsh environments. The USB to Optical Industrial I/O provides an industrial solution requiring single node or multi-drop communications over short and long distance.
- Adds one RS-422 or RS-485 serial port by connecting to a USB port
- 2000V DC optical isolation
- 25KV ESD surge protection
- No need to open chassis to set operation modes- one external DIP switch for easy RS-422, RS-485 mode settings
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- SECC metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
- RS-422 data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
- RS-485 4-wire data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-
- RS-485 2-wire data signals: Data-, Data+
- Automatic transmit and receive control for 2-wire RS-485 half-duplex mode
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- Non-standard baudrates supported
- LEDs of Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Powered by USB port, no external power adapter required
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-422/RS-485 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- 72.10(L 81.34 w/ears))x58.13(W)x22.68mm(H)
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Linux and Mac OS 10.X
- USB to Optical Isolated serial adapter
- USB A to B cable
- Driver disc