Also available from the following online retailers:
The USB-16COM-RM USB to 16 Port RS-232 Serial Adapter is designed for industrial applications and environments for an easier user experience of expanding serial ports. When using a host USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB 16 Port RS-232 Serial Adapter instantly adds sixteen (16) new RS-232 serial communication ports to your system.
By using Plug-and-Play features the USB Serial Adapter is installed without the need for configuration and can make use of hot plug abilities. The adapter 16 Port RS-232 Rack Mountable serial adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports do not require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The adapter is self-powered, and has built-in switching power supply of 100V/240V (input) inside the chassis.
The adapter is with DIN rail bracket for industrial application environments. The adapter can also be mounted to a 19 inches rack, the rack mount kits are included with the adapter package. The USB 16COM Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity with modems, ISDN TAs, PDAs, handheld & pocket PCs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers. It is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial applications, data collection and other applications requiring high speed RS-232 serial communication ports.
Additional Features & Specifications:
- Adds sixteen industrial RS-232 serial ports by connecting to a USB port
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- SECC metal chassis with both DIN rail brackets and rack-mounting kits for flexible mounting
- Full RS-232 modem control signals and hardware/software flow control
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- 128 byte transmit FIFO & 384 byte receive FIFO
- Non-standard baudrates supported
- LED indicators of Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 10KV
- Built-in switching power supply of 100V~240V
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-232 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- Standard 19-inch, 1U rack mount chassis
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 55 °C (32 to 131 °F)
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 95% RH
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 75 °C (-4 to 167 °F)
Product Dimensions: 16.889in(L) x 5.787in(W) x 1.733in(H) with DB9 connector and ears.
- Windows 98, Me, XP, 2000, 2003, CE, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- Linux and Mac OS 10.X