The MSD-SRP2XM-TBPRO is a multi-protocol RS-232 and RS-422 / 485 serial device server that is designed to connect RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 serial devices including POS, barcode readers, sensors, meters, weighing systems, CNC controllers and PLC to an IP-based Ethernet Network. The MSD-SRP2XM-TBPRO provides 2 ports, port 1 supports RS-232 mode only and port 2 supports RS-422 / 485 modes.
The MSD-SRP2XM-TBPRO extracts power from a conventional twisted pair Category 5 Ethernet cable, conforming to the IEEE 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) standard. In addition, the unit can be powered by the included 5V DC Power Supply.
The serial devices are connected to Ethernet and available on the Internet for sharing, configuring remotely via the rich Network Protocols such as TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP, VCOM, Serial Telnet, RFC2217, Remote-Pair-Master-Slave, Modbus RTU.
To be backwards compatible with the legacy serial device running the existing COM port application software, the MSD-SRP2XM-TBPRO provides a Virtual COM port redirection driver (VCOM) migrating your serial application perfectly without modifying the software.
Moreover, with the Remote-Pair-Master-Slave mode, serial devices can communicate to each other via a peer-to-peer mode without any intermediate PC nor conversion software.
- Supports 2 Serial Ports (1 x RS232 and 1 RS-422/485) Over Ethernet on a 10-pin Terminal Blocks
- 1 RJ45 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Port
- Rugged Metal Case with DIN-Rail and Wall-Mount Kit
- Serial Modes:
- Port 1: RS232 Mode
- Port 2: RS422, RS485 4-wire and 2-wire Modes
- Network Protocols: TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP, VCOM, Serial Telnet, RFC2217, Remote-Pair-Master-Slave, Modbus Server, Modbus Client
- Supports SNMP Protocols
- Supports 15 KV ESD Protection for all Serial Signals
- Provides Rich Configuration Methods Including Windows Based VCOM Administrator Utility and Web Browser
- Provides COM Port Redirection (Virtual COM) Drivers
- Supports Serial Baud Rate Up to 921.6Kbps
- Supports Automatic Data Flow Control
- Compact Size, Multiple Orientation Mounting Options
- Can be powered by either PoE or the included 5V DC Power Supply
- 2-Port Serial to Ethernet Device Server w/ Terminal Block
- 5V DC Power Supply
- DIN Rail Clip
- Surface Mounting Bracket
- Screw Pack (4x)