The USB-4COMi-M 4-Port RS-422 / 485 USB to Serial Adapter combines serial communication signals, RS-422 and RS-485 port with USB technology to allow further expansion of existing serial devices.
Newer PC’s and Laptops are now being manufactured without serial COM ports, because of this, even new technology PC’s or Laptops can utilize this 4-Port RS-422 / RS-485 adapter. The high speed serial adapter carries with it the 128 byte FIFO chip that allows for high speed communication, even in heavy loaded systems.
The serial adapter also allows unusual speed settings like 500.000bps. Our unit’s unique features help to reduce the system load. The USB-4COMi-M utilizes four external DIP switches for easy RS-422, RS-485 mode settings. This device is constructed with industrial metal housing and offers a DIN rail bracket and DIP switch mode settings for RS-485 signals.
- Automatic transmit and receive control for 2-wire RS-485 half-duplex mode
- Built-in termination and biasing
- Baud Rate from 300bps up to 921.6Kbps supported
- Transmit (TxD) and Receive (RxD) LEDS on unit for visual reference
- Self-powered. One switching power adapter 5V 2A included
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) port offers easy plug and Play Operation
- Item Dimensions: 6.63(L) x 3.67(W) x 1.18in(H)
Data Signals Supported:
- RS-422 data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-
- RS-485 4-wire data signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-
- RS-485 2-wire data signals: Data-, Data+
- Windows Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Linux and Mac OS 10.X
*Surface Mounting screws not included.