Also available online from the following online retailers:
SATA and IDE Hard Drive & Optical Drive USB Adapter Kit COMBO (USBG-PSATA) Pro Series Aluminum Shell. Great for retrieving data from failed or obsolete computers. Kit includes universal USB adapter and US/EU AC power supply (EU plug adapter not included). Combo SATA and IDE converter cables with power supply, great for transferring files and a must for any computer store tech bench.
This SATA and IDE drive to USB Adapter Kit includes a true Back-Up feature & Restore Option, unfortunately this Back-up software is not compatible with MAC OS. The Pro Aluminum Series is a new addition to our SATA/IDE converter series of SATA hard drive adapters. This SATA and IDE hard drive adapter (USBG-PSATA) will enable you to connect to both IDE/ATA drives and popular SATA drives.
Adapters that have the ability to work with one style of hard drive such as SATA and another such as IDE and/or Optical drives in their various sizes are an important tech tool to easily transfer data between hard disk drives during PC migration or upgrading. This (USBG-PSATA) SATA and IDE hard drive or Optical drive adapter Supports the following:
- IDE Hard Drives from 20GB up to 2000GB (2TB)
- Supports SATA or SATA II Hard Drives from 80GB up to 2,000GB (currently tested up to 2000GB WD and Seagate)
- Supports IDE or SATA ATAPI Optical Drives CD/DVD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/DVD+RW/CD-ROM
- NEW ULTRA FAST CHIP and UL and FCC Approved HIGH-Output Power Adapter JM20337
- IDE and SATA to USB chip with Back-Up software and single Button Back-Up Activation Feature
- Convert 2.5″/3.5″ Serial ATA HDD and 5.25″ Serial ATA Devices into USB 2.0 interface
- Convert 2.5″/3.5″ IDE HDD and 5.25″ IDE Devices into USB 2.0 interface
- Max tranfer speed 480Mb/s
- Power adapter for 3.5″/5.25″ devices; Bus-Power for 2.5″ HDD
- SUBCP-USB 2.0 To IDE/ Serial ATA Multifunctional External Cable FUBCP. Interface. Serial ATA ; IDE ; USB 2.0. Data Transfer Rate.
- Transfer rate available for 480Mb/s. Suitability. 2.5″, 3.5″ ,5.25″ Devices. Hot Plug.
- One 2Amp Power Adapter
- One USB 2.0 to IDE+SATA Cable Adapter for 40pin IDE Drives &44 Pin IDE Drives and 22 Pin SATA Power+Signal Connector
- User Guide
Excellent product. Easy to use and a big time saver. Was able to retrieve data off a hard drive that sat for quite some time. Thanks.
Bob P. –
I bought this to hook up my corrupt laptop drive from an HP laptop, vintage 2005, and retrieve the data. It worked flawlessly to connect the 2.5″ IDE drive, and there was no need to “slave” the drive or even install the supplied USB drivers (running Windows XP sp3). At first glance, it appeared to be impossible to connect my HP laptop 2.5″ HDD to this adapter, but I did speak with tech support who was very helpful. He explained that I must first remove HP’s proprietary socket mounted on the HDD which masks the pins, as well as to remove the mounting plate which partially covers the pins on the little HDD in order to get the adapter’s plug to fit. The documentation makes no mention of this, and is somewhat sketchy overall. However, it did the job and in the end I was very pleased with the adapter and with this vendor. It is well-made and has nice long USB and power cables to boot.
S. Oliver “Even the gods to are fond of a joke” –
This product will allow you to connect up a HD to a computer and let it act like an axternal. I use this to run virus and Malware programs when the HD is not able to run it by itself.Plus with the new on/off switch i can just power it up or down without wondering about hurting the HD.
I had two PCs die in the same weekend from a massive power surge…went right through two Surge Protectors…anyway, got this product and within a few hours all the info I wanted off the old HDD’s was transfered to a new PC and/or USB External HDD…Awesome tool for disaster recover, and you can’t beat the price.
Ken W –
The adapter works great for getting your information off a laptops hard drive. When the laptop won’t start up. Just plug the hard drive into the adapter and the adapter into the usb of a another computer.