This USB 2.0 Serial Adapter is designed with Optical Isolation and Surge Protection with an industrial-grade metal chassis to make and keep serial port expansion safe for your devices. The USB2-4COM-SI-M can connect to a USB port or USB hub to instantly add 4 serial communication ports to your system. The 4-Port USB 2.0 Serial Adapter makes it easy to add serial port and serial device to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features and adapts easily to new technology.
USB 2.0 to 4 Port Industrial RS232 Serial Adapter
There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port doesn’t require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The RS-232 port functions as native Windows COM port, and it is compatible with Windows serial communication applications. Each port is individually configurable.
The USB 2.0 4 Port Serial Adapter with Metal Chassis provides instant connectivity to RS-232 communication devices for factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, bar code readers, time clocks, scales, data entry terminal and serial communication in harsh environment and is suitable for remote access applications requiring high speed RS-232 communication ports.
USB 2.0 RS232 4-Port Serial Features:
- Adds 4 industrial RS-232 serial ports with optical isolation by connecting to a USB port
- 2000V DC optical isolation
- 25KV ESD surge protection
- SECC metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
- Full RS-232 modem control signals and hardware/software flow control
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- 128 byte transmit FIFO & 384 byte receive FIFO
- Non-standard baud rates supported
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- LEDs for Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 25KV
- Terminal power adapter of 5V, 2A provided
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-232 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- Supports Windows 10, 8, Windows 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000 and Linux
- Item Dimensions: 6.747(L) x 3.759(W)) x 1.182in(H)
Optical Isolation and Surge Protection
Your computer is well protected, since the surges and spikes cannot cross the optical link. Each serial port is individually protected by surge protector to withstand electrostatic discharge and power surges up to 25KV ESD (Electro-Static Discharge_. Surge suppression on all signals prevent from damages caused by lightning or high voltage.
Surge protection happens by converting the electrical pulse into an optical signal and then changing it back into an electrical pulse
- 4 port optically isolated USB to Serial adapter
- USB A to B cable
- Din Rail mounting plates and screws
- 5V 2A output power adapter
- Driver Disc