Industrial Grade USB to RS485 Adapter
Adding a USB 4 port serial adapter is easy with plug and play technology. The CG-UHS4P485 serial adapter is automatically detected and installed to your system. It’s designed for the use in environments requiring 2-wire half duplex RS-485 modes. It can operated in two modes, without echo selectable by DIP switch.
The USB to RS485 adapter features a failure warning displayed by an LED. If an incorrect signal is sent by a defective device, a red LED will illuminate indicating a fail. This USB to RS485 adapter provides instant connectivity to communication devices for factory automation equipment, multi-drop data collection devices, barcode readers, time clocks, scales, and more in harsh environments
USB to RS485 Adapter Features
- Adds four high speed half-duplex RS-485 serial ports via USB connection.
- USB2.0 interface supports high speed 480Mbps.
- Works with USB1.1, USB2.0 and USB3.0 host or USB hubs.
- Supports two operation modes: RS-485 half-duplex echo and non-echo mode.
- Installs as standard Windows COM port.
- COM port number can be changed to any available COM port number.
- Auto transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS-485 half-duplex operation.
- Built-in 15kV ESD protection for each RS-485 port.
- 600W surge protection on all RS-485 bus.
- Provides failure warning when reverse connection or incorrect signals detected.
- Protected circuits automatically shut down the breakdown RS-485 port.
- Each RS-485 port with 2kb receive buffer and 2kb transmit buffer.
- Requires no IRQ, DMA, I/O port.
- RS-485 termination installed on-board, enabled or disabled by jumper.
- Four dual color monitor LEDs indicating operation modes, port status, activity and error.
- External 4-pin DIP switch for easy setting of RS-485 echo/non-echo operation modes.
- Includes 12V DC power adapter with locking screw terminal power jack for reliable connection.
- Supports two power output of +5VDC, 100mA, through pin 1 (VCC) of terminal block, for external devices requiring power.
- Compact palm-size box with DIN rail brackets, optional DIN rail mounting kit for mounting.
- Two mounting holes on the bottom of metal case for optional DIN rail mounting.
- USB cable of 90cm (3ft) included and locked to the metal case for added security.
- Virtual COM port drivers provided for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, 2008, 2003, Vista, XP, 2000, Linux, Mac OS X.
- CE, FCC approval.
- Item Dimensions: 63mm × 85mm × 23mm (W × L × H), 87mm × 85mm × 23mm (W × L × H) with DIN rail brackets
- Item Weight:
- USB to 4 Port RS485 Serial Adapter
- 12V DC power adapter
- Driver Disc
*Surface Mounting screws not included.