Also available from the following online retailers:
The SS-125SSD USB 2.0 to SATA universal converter will enable you to connect All types of SATA Drives including Micro and Mini Connector types including standard SATA drives. USB converters are a must have device for you to easily transfer data between hard disk drives during PC migration/upgrading, and a must have gadget for any PC service technicians.
This is a true Hot-plug and Hot-Swap USB 2.0 to SATA adapter with 2Amp power supply. This item makes for a great test bench device. This converter for SATA HDD is universal, connect any SATA I, SATA II, Micro SATA, or (Slim line SATA) MINI SATA Device to your USB 2.0 Port!
SATA to USB HDD Adapter supports the following hard drives:
- SATA Hard Drive & Optical Drive USB Adapter Kit COMBO
- Supports All drives from 20GB up to 2TB Capacity SATA I and SATA II
- Supports 1.8″ SATA and SATA II Drives with Micro Connector **
- Supports 1.8″ SATA and SATA II Drives with Mini Connector **
- Supports 2.5″ SATA I Drives
- Supports 2.5″ SATA II Drives
- Supports 3.5″ SATA I Drives
- Supports 3.5″ SATA II Drives
- Supports 5.25″ SATA II Optical Drives
- SATA Hard Drive or Optical Drive Adapter
- Supports SATA or SATA II Hard Drives from 80GB up to 2,000GB (currently tested only up to 1500 GB)
- Supports SATA ATAPI Optical Drives CD/DVD/CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/DVD+RW/CD-ROM
Package Contents (Pictured Above):
- One USB 2.0 to SATA Cable Adapter
- One 2Amp Power Adapter
- User Guide
- NEW ULTRA FAST CHIP & Approved HIGH-Output Power Adapter
- JM20339 SATA to USB chip for DUAL Drive Usability!
- Convert 1.8″/2.5″/3.5″ Serial ATA HDD and 5.25″ Serial ATA Devices into USB2.0 interface
- USB 2.0 interface
- Max tranfer speed 480Mb/s
- Power adapter for 3.5″/5.25″ devices; Bus-Power for 2.5″ HDD
- Windows 98, Me, XP, 2000, 2003, CE, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- Linux and Mac OS 10.X
Ray (verified owner) –
This was exactly the IT tool I needed. Having to reimage a considerable number of laptops with various types of hard drives, I needed to be able to capture my customers’ data for them before starting the process. This works great with slimline, micro and standard SATA drives. Coolgear went over and above in getting this shipped to me, reshipping it after missing me at my first shipping address. Thanks Coolgear. Great customer service!
I tried to use this device to backup the data from my PS3 drive using a Win 7 64bit system. The drive was recognized, but it showed up in my disk management as not being partitioned, so I disconnected it and put it back in my PS3 without doing anything else. When the PS3 started, it suddenly saw this as an non formatted disk and forced me to re-format, which destroys any data that was ever on the disk. So, in my effort to backup my data, all of it was destroyed.
Avoid this product, if you are trying to backup PS3 data.
Julie A Glenn –
This is a great device. Great way to pull data off sata drives. This brand is great too. I have purchased them for other techs to use at our office.
This product works great. I was able to get everything off my hard drive. It arrived quickly as well. Thanks
We used these at my previous IT job for months and never had one issue, I never got one because I thought they were expensive. It worked with no issues and the dual LED’s are a plus. This is better than any adapter I have tried and it even powers sata cd\dvd drives so you can throw an extra one in your bag if you need one in a situation(as I did this weekend).
Pros – It’s small and the 12v power adapter is also small and boots up the 3.5’s instantly. The additional sata ports will be nice for future laptops
Cons – Was not Amazon Prime…I am spoiled.
Other Thoughts: This should be named something else and I just noticed all of their adapters have generic names. If they come out with one that has Usb and eSata I will be all over that also.