8 RS-232/422/485 ports via terminal block connection
The USB2-8COMi-TB is a USB2 to 8-port industrial serial adapter that protects your device(s) with 15KV ESD protection and 600W surge protection over each port. It is designed to make RS-422 and RS-485 serial port expansion quick and simple through its terminal block connections. Port signals are controlled by DIP switches as is the control over termination and biasing.
Each serial port terminal block can be individually designated for the signal your application demands. The USB 2 to 8-port serial adapter has an industrial designed metal case where the DIP switches are located within the bottom metal access panel.
By connecting to the USB port on your computer or available USB hub, the USB2 to 8-port industrial serial adapter instantly adds eight RS-232/422/485 serial communication ports to your system while taking advantage of both the Plug-and-Play, and Hot-Plug features of the USB bus.
The USB2-8COMi-TB industrial serial adapter makes it very easy to add 8 industrial communication ports to your system though its terminal block interface with DIP switch controls.
- Supports USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 transfer speeds from 1.5 up to 480 Mbps, automatic link and speed detection.
- Adds eight high-speed RS-232/422/485 serial ports via USB connection.
- 2K byte receive buffer.
- 2K byte transmit buffer for high speed data throughput.
- Requires no IRQ, DMA, I/O port.
- Data rates: 300 bps to 921.6K bps.
- Each serial port supports 5-pin screw-lock-type terminal block connector.
- Auto-transmit buffer control for 2-wire RS-485 half-duplex operation.
- Biasing and Termination resistors installed on-board.
- Supports RS-232 3-wire signals: RxD, TxD, GND
- Supports RS-422, RS-485 4-wire signals: TxD-, TxD+, RxD+, RxD-
- Supports RS-485 2-wire signals: data-, data+
- Monitor LEDS of TxD, RxD indicating port status
- AC to DC-12V, 1A switching power supply included
- 15KV ESD protection and 600W surge protection for all serial signals
- Virtual COM port drivers available for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, 2003, 2000
- Industrial grade metal case with DIN-rail ears for Din-rail mounting.
- Chipset: Genesys GT852G 4-port USB 2.0 hub chip + FTDI FT4232H USB 2.0 to quad UART chip
- Dimensions: 192.42 x 122.22 x 23.60 mm (L×W×H), dimensions are to DIN rail(W), to power plug(L)
- USB2-8COMi-TB serial adapter
- Power adapter
- USB cable